Cohesion is a leading IT staffing firm that empowers people and companies to thrive. We specialize in finding, retaining, and developing top IT talent for our clients. Cohesion’s has helped business leaders add value, drive growth, and achieve competitive advantage in the marketplace. Learn more at cohesion.com.
Position: Product Owner - Cloud Automation
The Product Owner will be responsible for:
1. Partnering with Lines of Business teams, business functions, and IT teams to define product needs and opportunities within targeted line of business(es) and/or function
2. Collaborating with business, technology, and analytics partners to prioritize, articulate and deliver new features from ideation through production release in Agile development, ensuring key outcomes are being met.
3. Guide cross-functional product team the implementation of product roadmap deliverables, capabilities, and adoption, supporting business outcomes.
4. Leading a robust, continuous prioritization process to maximize total value, risk mitigation, and other business benefits within targeted line of business(es) and/or function.
5. Driving key outcomes in support of regulatory & compliance needs, new revenue growth, process optimization, & other business-wide analytics needs.
6. Staying informed on new technologies and pushing boundaries to introduce new and innovative solutions to build trust and exceed customer expectations and outcomes.
7. Acting as a change agent for technologies and supporting processes by leveraging Agile practices to maximize results measured by performance and availability, business agility, technology freshness, and cost optimization.
8. Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the risk assessment, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
9. Support and adhere to all governance processes as defined by Enterprise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Inspire and motivate teams to deliver on the strategy and roadmap for continuous growth and improvement of product outcomes and experience.
2. Drive an agile mindset across product teams. Lead in this transformation across peer teams and line of business partners.
3. Transform from a project-based to a product-based organization. Partner with peer teams to drive this approach broadly.
4. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gain agreement/approval/guidance, including lines of business, operations, legal, compliance, information security, fraud, and related functions.
5. Provide transparency and ongoing communications with line of business partners/key stakeholders.
6. Ability to solve problems and make decisions in support of the team, with a focus on driving the greatest outcome for the product.
7. Collaborating with Agile Scrum team on all new feature development, level 3 tickets, including building backlog, contributing to/reviewing/approving user stories, sprint support, and QA testing; including participating in agile team ceremonies such as sprint reviews/demos.
8. Partner with level 1 / 2 support teams, if applicable, to understand all issues associated with the product.
9. Engaging with research team to define and implement customer usability testing, concept validation, and co-creation studies to gain insights and identify customer needs and solutions.
10. Continuous understanding of the customer. Partnering with design, user experience and analytics colleagues to ensure an intuitive customer-research led product features that meets customer needs.
11. Maintain and provide product information to users and partners for training and other documentation.
12. Establish annual goals, objectives and outcomes for product(s); Track and monitor key performance indicators.
13. Actively monitor industry trends; participate in industry forums, professional associations, conferences, etc.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Knowledge with deploying and configuring automation solutions such as Terraform and Ansible, preferred.
2. Knowledge infrastructure as a code practices leveraging tools such as GitHub and Jenkins for automated infrastructure code test, integration, deployment, and assurance, preferred.
3. Knowledge with Scripting Languages such as YAML, JSON, and Python for administration, automation, and monitoring, preferred.
4. Knowledge with multiple data center infrastructure technologies such as server virtualization, storage, network, security, middleware, and database, preferred.
5. Bachelor's Degree required
6. 2-6 years of related experience
7. Demonstrated success in strategic development and program execution.
8. Experience working in Agile development preferred.
9. Solid product management background preferred; Strong presence with ability to interact with and influence all levels of the organization.
10. Strong consultative and well-articulated communication and writing skills with the ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization.
11. Business acumen and understanding of business processes related to your product and customers.
12. Inclusive leadership skills with ability to promote a work environment that fosters creative thinking and innovation.
13. Ability to have fun and a willingness to try new things and challenge the status quo
14. Effortlessly collaborative with strong intellectual curiosity and creative problem solving.
15. Strong analytical skills with ability to work through complex concepts/data and present well thought-out, simple solutions.
16. Ability to self-motivate and work well independently and with different teams; A self-starter with the ability to work in a fastpaced environment with minimal supervision.
Agile, Agile Methodology, Ansible, Automation, Experience working in agile, GitHub, Jenkins, JSON, Knowledge infrastructure as a code, Knowledge with Scripting Languages, Python, Terraform, YAML
Nice To Have
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or comparable experience, Collaborative Management, Communication Skills, Knowledge with multiple data center infrastructure technologies such as server virtualization, storage, network, security, middleware, and database, preferred, Leadership Skills, Problem Solving
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com
Cohesion is an IT Services Firm dedicated to advancing the careers of IT Professionals. We work with some of the most recognized companies in the country to place IT professionals that stand out among their peers. Talented individuals need challenging opportunities. To discover your next great opportunity and begin to build a career path, contact us today.