Position: Technical Business Analyst
Number of Openings: 1
Job Req Duration: 14 months, Contract-to-hire
Start Date: ASAP
Job location: Downtown Dayton
Process: Local candidates/phone/in-person and open to Skype/WebEx
Cohesion is a leading IT staffing firm that empowers people and companies to thrive. We specialize in finding, retaining, and developing top IT talent for our clients. Cohesion has helped business leaders add value, drive growth, and achieve competitive advantage in the marketplace. Learn more at cohesion.com
Summary of Opportunity
Cohesion has an immediate need for a Technical Business Analyst for a 14-month contract with our client in downtown Dayton. This individual will provide subject matter expertise for technical guidance, training and direction with a team of development professionals.
Nature of Work:
Business Process and technical analysis for creation of programs supporting Provider / Health Partner Network management.
- Business process analysis
- Process / Data flow diagramming
- Technical requirements documentation
- Recognize inconsistencies and gaps in a complex business process
- Facilitate scoping and requirements elicitation sessions for projects
- Develop the requirements phase plan and resolves schedule, planning, resource and scope issues according to recommended practices
- Estimate the impact of change requests on timelines, budgets, resources and project scope
- Build, sustain, and leverage relationships with persons within his/her area of immediate responsibility when gathering, validating and approving requirements
- Remain impartial in requirements discussions; confirms understanding by all parties involved when validating requirements
- Impartially leads a session to prioritize requirements
- Gain an understanding of the stakeholder's business culture and priorities, the need for different modeling techniques used when gathering requirements, the corporate standards for documentation, methods for prioritizing requirements and tools for tracking requirements
- Work with business to develop a business case including return on investment, soft benefits and any regulatory/compliance issues
- Document effectively in requirements discovery sessions and meetings
- Identify sources of requirements, possible interfaces and affected lines of business
- Maintain the group focus, leads the discussion toward stated goals and manages the group dynamics in facilitation requirements gathering sessions
- Proficient in all areas of requirements elicitation (facilitation, process modeling, requirements documentation)
- Review vendor supplied user, administration and training documentation for improvements and impacts to our systems and processes
- Author agile stories and facilitate story grooming sessions for highest priority stories in agile product backlogs, in collaboration with IT and business roles and stakeholders, including product owners, developers, software quality analysts, and requestors
- Transfer knowledge of story writing and story grooming skills to key roles within IT and business
- Collaborate with peers and related roles to establish guidelines and recommended practices for story writing and story grooming across the organization
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cohesion is an IT Services Firm dedicated to advancing the careers of IT Professionals. We work with some of the most recognized companies in the country to place IT professionals that stand out amongst their peers. Talented individuals need challenging opportunities. To discover your next great opportunity and begin to build a career path, contact us today.