Position: Program Manager
Number of Openings: 1
Job Req Duration: 8 months – Contract-to-hire
Start Date: ASAP
Job location: Downtown Dayton
Process: Local candidates/phone/in-person and open to Skype/WebEx
Cohesion is a leading IT staffing firm that empowers people and companies to thrive. We specialize in finding, retaining, and developing top IT talent for our clients. Cohesion has helped business leaders add value, drive growth, and achieve competitive advantage in the marketplace. Learn more at cohesion.com
Summary of Opportunity
Cohesion has an immediate need for a Program Manager for a 8-month contract with our client in downtown Dayton. This individual will provide subject matter expertise for technical guidance, training and direction with a team of development professionals.
Nature of Work:
Veterans Advantage / Veterans Care needs a Program Manager to lead the implementation.
- (Required) Demonstrated expertise in leading complex business/IT implementations in a healthcare payer
- (Required) Outstanding communication skills, including to C-levels and external executives
- (Required) Outstanding ability to influence and work through a matrixed environment
- Build and manage the project portfolio for strategic corporate programs, procurements and/or new business opportunities
- Work closely with business executives to ensure assigned programs align with business strategy and are properly funded, resourced and managed
- Create and manage program budgets, milestones and integrated work plans
- Execute the project portfolio through the project lifecycle delivering on time, within budget and meeting the strategic and business requirements
- Understand and refine business and technology architecture
- Maintain strategic alignment of assigned projects by analyzing charters and reviewing expectations with all impacted stakeholders
- Accountable for the planning process to create the Project Charters, including collaborating with IT leadership, and creating an integrated key project milestones
- Collaborate with senior leadership to ensure projects are properly funded, resourced, and managed
- Manage all assigned internal and external matrixed resources, driving motivation, collaboration, and performance
- Lead the requirements gathering and analysis process, capturing business and technical needs in Agile epics and user stories
- Conduct team meetings to establish and execute on detailed project plans
- Ensure project milestone deliverables are completed and approved at every stage of the project lifecycle
- Provide regular reporting and maintain ongoing communications to senior management, stakeholders and executive sponsors.
- Accurately track and report progress against plan to stakeholders at all levels
- Identify, log, and manage risk, implement mitigation strategies, contingency plans, and communicate/escalate to stakeholders
- Identify, log, assign, and resolve or escalate project issues, hindrances, and blockers using company best practices
- Effectively manage scope and change, asses impact and assure controls
- Assist with the continuous improvement of project management and service delivery best practices, processes, and tools
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Cohesion is an IT Services Firm dedicated to advancing the careers of IT Professionals. We work with some of the most recognized companies in the country to place IT professionals that stand out amongst their peers. Talented individuals need challenging opportunities. To discover your next great opportunity and begin to build a career path, contact us today.