Cohesion is a leading IT staffing firm that empowers people and companies to thrive. We specialize in finding, retaining, and developing top IT talent for our clients. Cohesion’s has helped business leaders add value, drive growth, and achieve competitive advantage in the marketplace. Learn more at cohesion.com
Summary of Opportunity
Cohesion has an immediate need for a Jr. Software Developer with our Indiana client on a 3-Month Contract-to Hire basis. The Software Developer’s main responsibility is designing and developing software. This role focuses on understanding business and customer requirements that drive the analysis and design of technical solutions. The Software Developer participates in all phases of the development lifecycle, including analysis, design, construction, test and integration of software.
Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
- Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Participates in the software system life cycle, including coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting application software. Completes system development from technical specifications provided.
- Receives trouble calls; diagnoses and troubleshoots simple problems with existing applications, software and data.
- Participates in the analysis, design, and construction of application and business reports.
- Assists in component design, performance monitoring, and product evaluation.
- Makes suggestions toward the development of new code or reuse of existing code.
- Uses assigned methodologies to implement and support software.
- Documents software components and applications. Creates user documentation.
- Assists other IT groups and customers to define the system design and user interface based on customer objectives.
- Researches, evaluates and incorporates new technology and tools to enhance the product development process.
- Resolves customer complaints with products and responds to suggestions for improvement and enhancements.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com
Cohesion is an IT Services Firm dedicated to advancing the careers of IT Professionals. We work with some of the most recognized companies in the country to place IT professionals that stand out amongst their peers. Talented individuals need challenging opportunities. To discover your next great opportunity and begin to build a career path, contact us today.