Cohesion is a leading IT staffing firm that empowers people and companies to thrive. We specialize in finding, retaining, and developing top IT talent for our clients. Cohesion’s has helped business leaders add value, drive growth, and achieve competitive advantage in the marketplace. Learn more at cohesion.com
Summary of Opportunity
Cohesion has immediate need for a Developer and Application Analyst with our Cincinnati client on a 6-month contract basis.
Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in computer information systems or engineering with a minimum 3 years work experience
- Highly motivated and ambitious, excellent communication skills, creative & critical thinker
- Continual learning and improvement in the understanding of software capabilities and programming languages is essential
- Strong skills associated with the design, development, modification and deployment of software, including object-oriented programming concepts; Strong J2EE, XML, SQL, or other object-oriented programming language knowledge and experience
- Familiarity and working knowledge of SQL Server Database
- Experience with Open Source Frameworks: Spring, Hibernate
- Experience with Agile methodology, software version control, and release management
- FULL Stack development experience, both front end development, and back-end integration side
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of P&C insurance and Guidewire ClaimCenter is a plus
- Experience implementing SOA, ESB modules, web services and APIs is a plus
- Analyze application specifications and technology approach to ensure business requirements are met and are scalable for future system enhancements.
- Work with Business Analysts and Management to recommend future application solutions, including the evaluation of technology options and development of proof of concepts
- Collaborate with Business Analyst team members to diagnose and resolve complex defects
- Analyze design alternatives and effectively present solution options for implementation
- Advise manager of risks, issues, and concerns
- Develop automated unit test cases for testing integrations
- Support testing activities and resolve issues identified
- Work within a development team using Agile methodology to deliver software
- Work across the organization to provide business process or design recommendations consistent with long-term business and IT strategy.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cohesion is an IT Services Firm dedicated to advancing the careers of IT Professionals. We work with some of the most recognized companies in the country to place IT professionals that stand out amongst their peers. Talented individuals need challenging opportunities. To discover your next great opportunity and begin to build a career path, contact us today.