Cohesion is a leading IT staffing firm that empowers people and companies to thrive. We specialize in finding, retaining, and developing top IT talent for our clients. Cohesion’s has helped business leaders add value, drive growth, and achieve competitive advantage in the marketplace. Learn more at cohesion.com
Summary of Opportunity
Cohesion has immediate need for a Mid to Senior level tester to analyze technical documents to write test plans, test execution plans and test scripts for executing EHR Enterprise Interfaces for an enclave of COTS products. Perform test execution verifying HL7, CCD, XML and FHIR messaging between multiple environments and interface test instances. Provide test evidence and record defects. Participate in trouble shooting engineering calls in order to mitigate defects.
Participate in multi team, fast paced, agile electronic health enterprise system to provide engineering testing for multiple environments and federal program initiatives. Receives task assignments by Engineering Test Lead and tracked in agile testing tools.
This is a Full Time role with benefits supporting a Cohesion customer and their on-going efforts on the DoD Healthcare Management System Modernization Program. This 10 year, $4.3 billion program is the tip of the spear helping the Department of Defense modernize systems, and promote interoperability across the military healthcare landscape.
Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years test experience, or ten plus years testing experience with testing certification
- Previous agile test experience
- Strong analytical and verbal communication skills to interpret technical documents for clarification with other engineering team members
- Strong verbal and written communication to engage with interface engineers coordinating test execution and defect mitigation
- Experience with standard incident management systems such as Remedy
- Experience with Agile ALM tools such as JIRA, VersionOne, JAZZ
- Ability to cross train on supporting and executing testing across all system interfaces
- Knowledge or experience with SOAP UI, Orion Rhapsody preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, as well as, run engineer skype calls with all enterprise representatives for test execution and trouble shooting
- Adaptability to quickly change direction on day to day tasks
Other Skills Preferred:
- Recent active CAC
- Previous federal testing experience
- Previous AHLTA MTF and Theatre experience
- Previous test experience with HL7 messaging or engineering testing
NOTE: This is not an automation testing position.
- Works on problems of simple to moderate complexity where analysis of situation or data requires an evaluation of various factors.
- Exercises some independent judgment within defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Work is accomplished with moderate direction.
- Exerts modest latitude in determining objectives of assignments. May determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
Location: Vienna, VA
U.S Citizenship - Yes
Clearance: ADP2/IT2 Public Trust Eligible
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cohesion is an IT Services Firm dedicated to advancing the careers of IT Professionals. We work with some of the most recognized companies in the country to place IT professionals that stand out amongst their peers. Talented individuals need challenging opportunities. To discover your next great opportunity and begin to build a career path, contact us today.