Cohesion is a leading IT staffing firm that empowers people and companies to thrive. We specialize in finding, retaining, and developing top IT talent for our clients. Cohesion’s has helped business leaders add value, drive growth, and achieve competitive advantage in the marketplace. Learn more at cohesion.com
Summary of Opportunity
Cohesion has an immediate need for a VMWare Engineer is support of a Federal Government Client.
Skills and Experience Required
Position requires 8-10 years’ experience with the following:
Position requires 2-4 years’ experience’ with the following:
- Performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all virtual hardware, resources, systems and key processes.
- Performing advanced troubleshooting and root cause analysis to expedite incident resolution.
- Developing scripts to gain efficiencies for reporting and automating repetitive tasks.
- Evaluating requests for hardware and software; research and recommend solutions which meet or exceed the customer requirements.
- Performing the installation, configuration and maintenance of the VMware virtual infrastructure, including, but not limited to, vCenter Server Appliance, vRealize Operations Manager (vROps), vRealize Automation (vRA), vRealize Orchestrator (vRO), vRealize Business, ESXi, Update Manager and NSX.
- VDI setup administration and troubleshooting
- Developing VMware vCenter and vROps reports for performance, troubleshooting and capacity planning.
- Developing custom blueprints and workflows using vRA and vRO to automate and simplify tasks.
- Provisioning and cloning virtual machines and server appliances as needed.
- Maintaining and restoring virtual machine "backups" and snapshots.
- Performing upgrades and applying patches or firmware updates to the virtual infrastructure software or hardware.
- Participating in the on-call support rotation, responding to support calls both during and after business hours/weekends/holidays/shutdowns.
- Providing configuration management and security compliance for the virtual infrastructure software and hardware.
- Developing and updating standard operating procedures and user guides.
- Completing service requests or incidents tickets in support of the virtual infrastructure.
- Providing technical leadership and assume overall accountability for the successful management and implementation of customer projects.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com
Cohesion is an IT Services Firm dedicated to advancing the careers of IT professionals. We work with some of the most recognized companies in the country to place IT professionals that stand out amongst their peers. Talented individuals need challenging opportunities. To discover your next great opportunity and begin to build a career path, contact us today.